For anyone with sudden dental problems, finding an emergency dentist in Mackay is important. It is never a good idea to leave dental problems for too long, as the sooner a dentist can be consulted, the more likely the problem can be fully resolved.
Whether it is toothache, a lost tooth, or an abscess, it is very important to visit an emergency dentist in Mackay as soon as possible. A number of dentists in Mackay offer emergency services, including Walkerston Dental in Walkerston.
When to See an Emergency Dentist
It is always better to be safe by visiting an emergency dentist in Mackay. Dental problems that should be treated as soon as possible include:
- toothache, which can be an indicator of a more serious problem
- chipped or cracked tooth should be treated immediately, as it may mean the difference between saving the tooth or losing it
- if an adult tooth is knocked out, a dentist should be consulted immediately as it may be possible to save it
- swelling or abscesses should be seen by a dentist or doctor, as the infection will not heal itself and antibiotics will likely be required
- cut teeth or gums, or jaw pain may require a trip to the dentist, depending how serious it is.
How to Avoid Needing an Emergency Dentist in Mackay
Although many dentists will do their best to help in an emergency, some situations can be avoided by seeing a dentist for regular check-ups and cleaning every 6 months. Finding a good dentist to visit for regular treatment means that when an emergency does crop up, the patient already has a relationship with a dentist they trust.
What Can an Emergency Dentist Do?
The treatment an emergency dentist in Mackay can offer depends on a number of things – the day and time, how busy the practice is, and what the dental problem is. The first thing to do is to call the dentist and explain the symptoms. In many situations, a dentist will be able to at least do something to relieve discomfort and pain on the same day. If they are unable to offer a same-day appointment, they will at least be able to offer advice.